What is life coaching for children?
Life coaching for kids and teens teaches our children how to use their mind and their thoughts to create happiness, confidence, and success in life.
As your children’s coach, I can help them learn how to manage life’s events, the challenges of growing up, and any recovering from mistakes, failures, and disappointments. While working with me, your children get tools and strategies to know how to bounce back and pick themselves up so they never ever give up on their goals.
Through the process of coaching, your children will develop self-esteem and confidence from the inside out, based on who they are, and not based on how popular they are in school, or how many friends they have or don’t have, or what they accomplish. It’s confidence and self-esteem based on worthiness and their birthright.
When working with your children, I teach them to believe in themselves and I help them build self-confidence. They will learn how to stretch outside of their comfort zone, create courage, and go for their dreams with an “I can do it!” attitude.
Aren’t the parents supposed to coach their children?
To some extent, yes. However, life coaching goes beyond building good character, learning how to treat others, and knowing how to behave. In my programs, your children learn how to be the leaders of their own life, create a life purpose, set and achieve goals, and many other skills that most adults haven’t learned yet!
However, if you decide to enrol your children in my coaching programs, it doesn’t mean that “you failed” as a parent. It simply means that you understand your children need additional support in the area of coping skills, building self-esteem, or overcoming shyness and anxiety. These are goals we will be working on as partners to help your child succeed.
Do I really need a life coach for my children?
The short answer is: Yes, your children and family can benefit a lot from working with a life coach for children.
Your children might:
- Struggle with low self esteem, getting down on themselves, beating themselves up, and thinking that no one likes them.
- Go through a big change, such as a move, a new school, or a traumatic family event, such as divorce, death, or illness.
- Struggle with low confidence, shyness, or anxiety, avoiding new things or new experiences.
- Be very prone to peer pressure and making bad choices with friends groups.
- Struggle at home with homework, chores, and other family responsibilities.
The ones above and many more are good reasons for us to work together and support your child through the challenges.
Is life coaching the same thing as counselling?
Life coaching and counselling have similarities, such as asking questions, listening, and finding patterns in someone’s life. However, they are not the same thing.
Counselling helps with more serious issues that prevent a child from living a normal and productive life. Examples of issues are: eating disorders (anorexia or bulimia), depression, OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
Life coaching helps children reach their life potential: going from where they are to where they want to be. It’s about creating what they want through building unstoppable confidence and powerful self-esteem.
When we’re working together, your children will set and reach goals, create balance, success, and happiness in their life, and overall, feel a sense of direction, purpose, and fulfilment.
Through WISDOM coaching, your child, you as a parent, and I as a coach will become partners in a creative process to help your child see how the power of their mind can create happiness, confidence, and success.
Are stories really that helpful for children to learn?
Most definitely! Stories are powerful learning tools for children (and actually adults too!) because they make them think. Stories help us use imagination and creativity to imprint a picture in our minds and create feelings in our hearts.
Stories inspire, support, and empower your children to feel great about themselves, to really see what’s possible for them, and to understand that life is a wonderful adventure that’s worth living,
How exactly does that happen?
- When I read and discuss a story with your children, multiple centers of their brains are stimulated: intellectual, emotional, and physiological. This engagement creates imagination and leads to deeper learning.
- With stories, your children and I can start important conversations without putting them on the spot or making them feel embarrassed. As a result, they can get in touch with thoughts and feelings that they may not be open to talk about directly.
- Furthermore, through stories your children learn “without lecturing” and I get to teach them “without preaching.” In addition, the accompanying activities help your children build life skills that they will apply to their own life.
- And last but not least, your child will be engaged and have fun listening and discussing the stories!
Do you use stories with teens?
When I work with teenagers, I might use stories in addition to other tools and resources, but I explain to them that the stories we read and discuss are there for their meaning, even if they might seem too basic or childish for the teen’s age.
Ready to give your children the gift of confidence and self-esteem?
All children deserve to lead the best life, and WISDOM coaching can help them achieve just that! I look forward to meet with you and your children, and to get them on the positive path for success.
Their happiness in life will have immense benefits on your entire family as well. Let’s have a chat today to see how we can work together to support and inspire your children to live life to their true potential!