What is life coaching for kids/teens?
Life coaching for kids/teens teaches our children how to use their mind and their thoughts to create happiness, confidence, and success in life.
As your child’s coach, I can help her or him learn how to manage life’s events, the challenges of growing up, and any mistakes, failures, and disappointments. While working with me, your child/teen gets tools and strategies to know how to bounce back and pick themselves up so they never ever give up on their goals.
Through the process of coaching, your child/teen will develop self-esteem and confidence from the inside out, based on who they are, and not based on how popular the kid is in school, or how many friends they have or don’t have, or what they accomplish. It’s confidence and self-esteem based on worthiness and their birthright.
When working with your child, I teach her or him to believe in themselves and I help them build self-confidence. They will learn how to stretch outside of their comfort zone, create courage, and go for their dreams with an “I can do it!” attitude.
Aren’t the parents supposed to coach their children?
To some extent, yes. However, life coaching goes beyond building good character, learning how to treat others, and knowing how to behave. In my programs, your child/teen learns how to be the leader of their own life, create a life purpose, set and achieve goals, and many other skills that most adults haven’t learned and will never do!
Let’s make it clear though. If you decide to enrol your child/teen in my coaching programs, it doesn’t mean that “you failed” as a parent. It simply means that you understand your child/teen needs additional support in the area of coping skills, building self-esteem, or overcoming shyness and anxiety. These are all goals we will be working on as partners to help your child succeed.
Do I really need a life coach for my child/teen?
The short answer: Yes, your child/teen and family can benefit a lot from working with a life coach for kids.
Your child/teen might:
- Struggle with low self esteem, getting down on herself/himself, beating herself/himself up, and thinking that no one likes her/him.
- Go through a big change, such as a move, a new school, or traumatic family events (divorce, death, illness).
- Struggle with low confidence, shyness, or anxiety, avoiding new things or new experiences.
- Be very prone to peer pressure and making bad choices with friends groups.
- Struggle at home with homework, chores, and other family responsibilities.
The ones above and many more are good reasons for us to work together and support your child through the challenges.
Is life coaching the same thing as counselling?
Life coaching and counselling have similarities, such as asking questions, listening, and finding patterns in someone’s life. However, they are not the same thing.
Counselling helps with more serious issues that prevent a child from living a normal and productive life. Examples of issues are: eating disorders (anorexia or bulimia), depression, OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
Life coaching helps children/teens reach their life potential: going from where they are to where they want to be. It’s about creating what they want through building unstoppable confidence and powerful self-esteem.
When we’re working together, your child/teen sets and reaches goals, creates balance, success, and happiness in their life, and overall, feels a sense of direction, purpose, and fulfilment.
Through WISDOM coaching, your child/teen, you as a parent, and I as a coach will become partners in a creative process to help your child/teen see how the power of their mind can create happiness, confidence, and success.
Are stories really that helpful for children to learn?
Most definitely! Stories are powerful learning tools for young children because they make them think and feel. They use imagination and creativity to imprint a picture in their mind and a feeling in their heart.
Stories inspire, support, and empower your child/teen to feel great about themselves, to really see what’s possible for them, and to understand that life is a wonderful adventure that’s worth living,
How exactly does that happen?
- When your child/teen hears a story, multiple centers of the brain are stimulated: intellectual, emotional, and physiological. This engagement creates imagination and leads to deeper learning.
- With stories, your child/teen and I can start important conversations without putting them on the spot or making them feel embarrassed. As a result, they can get in touch with thoughts and feelings that they may not be open to talk about directly.
- Furthermore, through stories your child/teen learns “without lecturing” and I teach her or him “without preaching.” In addition, the accompanying activities help your child/teen build life skills that they will apply to their own life.
- And last but not least, your child will be engaged and have fun listening and discussing the stories!
Do you use stories with teens?
When I work with teenagers, I might use stories in addition to other tools and resources, but I explain to them that the stories we read and discuss are there for their meaning, even if they might seem too basic for a teen’s age.
Ready to give your child/teen the gift of confidence and self-esteem?
All kids/teens deserve to lead the best life, and WISDOM coaching can help them achieve just that! I look forward to meet with you and your child/teen, and to get them on the positive path for success.
Their happiness in life will have immense benefits on your entire family as well. Let’s have a chat today to see how we can work together to support and inspire our kids!