What is life coaching for children?
Life coaching for children teaches kids how to use their mind and their thoughts to create happiness, confidence, and success in life.
As your daughter’s coach, I can help her learn how to manage life’s challenges, the changes of growing up, and any mistakes, failures, and disappointments. While working with me, she gets tools and strategies to know how to bounce back and pick herself up so she never gives up.
Through the process of coaching, your daughter will develop self-esteem from the inside out, based on who she is, and not on how popular she is, how many friends she has, or what she achieves.
When working with your daughter, I teach her to believe in herself and build self-confidence. She learns to stretch outside of her comfort zone, create courage, and go for her dreams with an “I can do it!” attitude.
Aren’t the parents supposed to coach their children?
To some extent, yes. However, life coaching goes beyond building good character, learning how to treat others, and knowing how to behave. In my programs, your daughter learns how to be the leader of her own life, create purpose, set and achieve goals, and many other skills that most adults haven’t learned!
Let’s make it clear though. If you decide to enrol your daughter in my coaching programs, it doesn’t mean that “you failed” as a parent. It simply means you understand your daughter needs additional support in the area of coping skills, building self-esteem, or overcoming shyness. These are all building blocks in my area of expertise.
Do I really need a life coach for my child?
The short answer: Yes, your daughter and family can benefit a lot from working with a life coach.
Your daughter might:
- Struggle with low self esteem, getting down on herself, beating herself up, and thinking that no one likes her.
- Go through a big change, such as a move, a new school, or new family dynamics.
- Struggle with low confidence, shyness, or anxiety, avoiding new things or new experiences.
- Be very prone to peer pressure and make bad choices with peers.
- Struggle at home with homework, chores, and other family responsibilities.
The ones above and many more are good reasons for us to work together and support your daughter through childhood.
Is life coaching the same thing as counselling?
Life coaching and counselling have similarities, such as asking questions, listening, and finding patterns in someone’s life. However, they are not the same thing.
Counselling helps with more serious issues that prevent a child from living a normal and productive life. Examples of issues are: eating disorders (anorexia or bulimia), depression, OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
Life coaching helps children reach their life potential: going from where they are to where they want to be. It’s about creating what they want through building unstoppable confidence and powerful self-esteem.
In my programs, your daughter sets and reaches goals, creates balance, success, and happiness in her life, and overall, feels a sense of direction, purpose, and fulfilment.
Through WISDOM coaching, I will become your daughter’s and your family’s partner in a creative process to help her see how the power of her mind can create happiness, confidence, and success.
Are stories really that helpful for children to learn?
Most definitely! Stories are powerful learning tools for children because they make them think and feel. They use imagination and creativity to imprint a picture in their mind and a feeling in their heart.
Stories can inspire, support, and empower your daughter to feel great about herself and to see what’s possible for her.
How exactly does that happen?
- When your daughter hears a story, multiple centers of the brain are stimulated: intellectual, emotional, and physiological. This engagement creates imagination and leads to deeper learning.
- With stories, I can start important conversations with your daughter without putting her on the spot or making her feel embarrassed. She will get in touch with thoughts and feelings within her she may not be open to talk about directly.
- Furthermore, through stories your daughter learns “without lecture” and I teach her “without preaching.” In addition, the accompanying activities help her build hands-on skills that she will apply to her own situations, under my guidance and support.
- And last but not least, your daughter will be engaged and have fun listening or acting the stories!
Ready to give your daughter the gift of confidence and self-esteem?
All girls deserve to lead the best life, and children coaching can help them achieve just that! I look forward to meet with you and your daughter, and to get her on the positive path for success.
Her happiness in life will have immense benefits on your entire family as well. Let’s have a chat today so I can support her.